Friday, March 2, 2012

Frosted Designs Numbers Challenge

It's Friday!  You know what that means.... It's time for another Fabulous Friday Challenge at Frosted Designs!  This weeks challenge was:  NUMBERS.  I decided to make some bookmarks for some special people. I was inspired by Jen Cushman's Article, A Chic Read, in November/December 2011 Studio Somerset.

I have had some Sari fabric lying around that I have been dying to use for something.  I knew it would be great.  I love Sari fabric.  I like the way it frays when you cut it.  It's just so pretty...frays and all!  I also used some scrap muslin. 

Supplies:
  • Sari and Muslin Fabric strips
  • Pliers
  • Misc. wire
  • Charms by Susan Lenart Kazmer-Industrial Chic
  • Jump rings from an old necklace in my costume jewlery stash
  • Old Keys
  • Vintage Metal Numbers
  • Crop-A-Dile (for punching holes in metal)


I took various strips and tied them together in a knot in a couple places.  I then added various keys and charms to the ends.  I took wire and wrapped it around the strips at the various links along the length of each bookmark. 



I hope this inspires you to use up some of your misc. items lying around your studio.  You can make some cool bookmarks to give away, or sell them pretty quickly!  

I hope you will play along with us at Frosted Designs!


Blessings,
Michelle


12 comments:

  1. Michelle... these bookmarks are spectacular!! Love the frayed fabric. It looks so cool with the charms you added! I love that each bookmark is unique and has it's own little personality! Welcome to the FD family!

    barb :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are really gorgeous Michelle!! They all have such cool eclectic looks! What an awesome project for your first Fabulous Friday reveal!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So very creative!!! Love the frayed fabric adorned with the trinkets! So happy to have you as a part of our FD family!

      Delete
  3. These are wonderful!!! Welcome to our little family!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle these bookmarks are awesome!! Love the vintage metal numbers!! Welcome to the FD family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much everyone! I am excited to be part of the Frosted Designs team!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Michelle,
    These bookmarks are so cool and pretty. Love it!!! Amazing. I'm too so excited to be working with you at FD blog. :D
    Have a great weekend.
    Tenny

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michelle~ I really love this post! Thank you... I'm inspired and will definitely see random things laying around my studio in a different light! Have a wonderful week...
    Renee
    xoxo
    www.fussitup.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love this project, and your blog header is prob one of my favs I've seen!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for all the nice comments everyone. You are an encouragement! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. this is simply the best idea for all those friends that love reading, vintage and simply adorable things :)
    I'm so happy to be playing along with such talented lady!
    Hugs,
    Liva ❤

    ReplyDelete