Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Frosted Designs Fabulous Friday Challenge-RECIPE

It's time for the Fabulous Friday Challenge at http://www.frosteddesigns.blogspot.com/   This weeks challenge was a recipe using:

3 patterned papers
2 buttons
1 Word Title

Growing up I loved paper dolls, Holly Hobbie, and Raggedy Ann.  I was inspired to make a PAPER RAG DOLL!  I used sewing pattern tissue, newspaper, and painted under paper for my doll.   The dolls dress is made of newspaper that I gessoed.  I then cut a piece of painted under paper to attach to the front of the dress.   The bottom trim of the dress is pleated newspaper.  The collar is newspaper.  The bow is made of pattern paper and painted under paper with a button.   The apron is made from sewing pattern paper.   The flower on the apron is layered newspaper and painted paper with a button center.    I cut and sewed a paper doily to use as trim on the dress. I used paper doilies as pantaloons under the dress.  The heart is made from painted under paper.  I sewed it together and stuffed it with polyfil.  I then stitched it by hand to the doll. 

Daisy Maisie Paper Rag Doll

 The trick was lots of layers of the papers.  The body is made using sewing patterns.  I stuffed it with polyfill.





Close up of face










 I love my sweet Daisy Maisie Paper Rag Doll!


1 comment:

  1. Michelle.....she is just awesome!!! I love how you took the recipe and did something TOTALLY out of the box!!! Love you heaps....so can't wait to craft with you!!!

    ReplyDelete