Monday, February 28, 2011

Creation Station!

Welcome to my Creation Station!



I promised my sister-in-law, Jessica, that I would post a pick of my studio.  Of course, it's not my dream studio...but, it's mine.  My little oasis!  A place I can leave behind the stress of the day and just CREATE.  I don't get a lot of time to create, but cherish the little times I do get to spend time here.  My space is constantly evolving.  My art table was made by my husband Troy.   He actually made it on the stoop of the first townhouse we rented.  That was nearly 15 years ago.  Lots of love went into that table.  I just can't part with it.  My chair is a garage sale find.  I keep the top of my table protected by using painters tape to adhere craft paper.  I love to reuse the painted craft paper in projects.  So many awesome colors and designs.  The black divided cabinet is used to store miscellaneous papers, ephemera, and embellishments.  I found it at Habitat for Humanity thrift store last year.  I actually Modge Podge some papers to the outside of the cabinet, as I didn't like all the black.  On the shelves I store various material, buttons in jars, ribbons, lace, old books used as collage papers, etc. 



A little closer look.  You will see all my supplies are close at hand.  Paint, pens, watercolors, etc.  I have several resource books and magazines nearby also, in case I need inspiration.  One of my favorie storage items is an architectural blue print storage unit given to us by a friend. 




I use this to store my art stamps, large papers such as:  watercolor pads, Fabriano Paper, and canvas pad paper.  On the top I have my large cutting mat, and my antique paper holder.  I buy butcher paper from Sams to protect my surfaces. 

Next to the storage container is my trusty old JC Penney sewing machine I got when I was first married.  I am not a seamstress, but I like to dabble with little projects.

Last but not least....My awesome new craft hutch my husband repurposed for me.  Last year I purchased the Michael's organizer cubes.  I hated the way the sat on the floor.  I found four table legs at a flea market last year, and had been saving them for a project.  Troy built a box, and added some trim to the top.  It's fabulous!  He is still putting the finishing touches on it.  Below I store my scrap paper cart.  I found the rolling cart at Salvation Army for $2.  Troy painted it white for me, and I added the hanging folders to store all my papers by color.  I also have miscellaneous vintage fabric stored in my Longaberger Picnic Basket.




Thanks for stopping by my place.  Hope you enjoyed the tour.  Have a great day!  Happy creating!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my...I am in love with your studio. now this I would so love to copy..I love your draws and cupboard spaces. Thanks to Lydia I can drool over your creations now too:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Lynne. I appreciate your kindness. I hope you stop in again.

    ReplyDelete