Saturday, July 19, 2014

It's all play...

I am seriously having a ball playing in my new sketchbook.  It's all play...nothing serious.  Just relaxing.  Learning and playing!


 I made my sketchbook out of this old history book I found at a local thrift store.  It measures 10 1/4 X 7 3/4.  I have three signatures of 5 pages each.  The paper inside the sketchbook is a mixture of Canson Mixed Media, Canson Watercolor Cold Press Foundation Series and BFK Rives-France.  I found the BFK Rives paper at a local art co-op in large sheets for only .75 each.  

I bound the book using 4-ply orange waxed linen thread and bound  with Mary Ann Moss' Chevron stitch from her Sketchbookery class.

I covered the book with K and Company paper and various washi tapes.  This is my third numbered sketchbook.  I have various other working sketchbooks that are not numbered.

 Inside front cover
First page of sketchbook
Field Guide Style pages



 I am a Tour De France fan.


Back Inside Cover

Hope you are having a great weekend and are finding time to create something.

No comments:

Post a Comment