Friday, May 20, 2011

Rainbow Connection

I have always had a special "connection" to rainbows.  Such promise in a rainbow!  I was inspired by my sister-in-law the other day, as she had created a cute card using ribbon in rainbow colors. http://www.kiwimumscraps.blogspot.com/    I decided to create a page using rainbow colors in my ledger journal.  I used my Portfolio Water Soluble Oil Pastels for the background.  They are so full of "smooshy wonderful goodness".  Not always easy to write over, but they have such blending capability.  I heard this quote the other day on the radio, and it really stuck with me.  Every now-and-then, I need a visual reminder for myself!  What girl doesn't!  I collaged a few random pieces of scrapbook paper and vintage children's book over the background.




I also used gesso (black and white), sequence waste, Prima Mask for photo frame I won from Miss Arts Paper Crafting School (love it!),  Tim Holtz Visual Artistry Stamp, Stream Adirondack Spray Ink , Caran d'Ache Watercolor Crayons, masking tape, and red ink splotches, Portfolio ball point pen (actually wrote over the oil pastels!) and Pitt Black Brush tip Pen.  I was pleased with the way it turned out! 

2 comments:

  1. Michelle......this is stunning!! Takes my breath away. You are such a beautiful woman. I love seeing that beauty come out in your artwork. Love you so much!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journal page! It's Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete