Thursday, March 10, 2011

Manila File Folder Journal

I was so inspired by the article in the January/February 2011 issue of Cloth Paper Scissors by artists Heidi Sekovski and Karin Winter.  I just had to make my own file folder journal.  I forced myself to use what I had around the house. 

Front Cover


The spine of the book has sturdy paper covered with a piece of fabric.  I love all the colors and textures.  Each pocket has a pull out journal card.  



Pages one and two.  I love the picture of my Grandma on the right.  She used to work as a bookkeeper for an airline company when they lived in Alaska.

I used several different papers in the journal.  I found an old college typing manual from 1975 a while back at antique store in Petersburg.  I also used a couple pages from a graphic arts book I found at Salvation Army, in addition to some vintage photos, misc. material, and scrapbook paper. 


Page 4 and 5
If I were to make another one I would try using legal file folders.  The extra height would make for a larger journal.  I was really pleased with how it came out.  It inspired me to think of many different ways to use file folders as a journal.  I might even put several together to form a journal for one month. 

Back Cover


1 comment:

  1. I L*O*V*E this!!! What a great journal! And that picture of your grandma is just so cool with it. I especially like the smiley face paper. So cute! Great job Michelle!

    ReplyDelete