Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Hello and Welcome


Creating a blog has been on the top of my list of things to try for quite some time.   So, here goes....My family is my joy.  I love to do things for them, and create things with them.  We are all crafty in our own little way, and I love it.  Troy, is the love of my life, and quite possibly the most creative person I know.  He can make or build anything.  I mean anything!  Our sweet girl has inherited many of her dads creative abilities.  I hope to inspire you to get crafty, but most of all enjoy the small things in life.  Slow down, and savor each moment.  Even those moments as mother's when you feel like the daily grind will never end.... 

Blizzard 2011


Happy Ground Hog Day!  I think if Puxatawny Phil lived here, he wouldn't even bother leaving his den to see his shadow.  Too Cold and Snowy!  We have been snowed in here since Tuesday.  They haven't plowed our road yet.  The final snowfall total was around 18 inches (give or take).  I am lovin' the time to do some things I have been wanting to do.  I made homemade egg noodles this morning.  Planning on cooking up some beef and noodles for supper.  You got to have comfort food when you are  snowed in.  Right?


They don't look like moms though....But, I am sure they will taste good.  Oops!  I got busy working on my blog and just burnt the frozen pizza....  LOL!  I guess I need to work on Plan B. 

I have been busy working on several projects this week.  I finished up a travel journal for a friend using Mary Ann Moss's Remains of the Day technique.  You can check her blog out in my blog roll.   It turned out nice.  I am making another one for a gift.  Here is the outside cover.  I especially like the cheery fabric.



I love her class.  It allows me to use up many of the scraps and incorporate things I wouldn't normally use in my art journals. I can't wait to get it finished.  I hope to do that today.  I found a book this past week called, Doodle Stitching, by Aimee Ray.  I love it.  I have been doing some freehand embroidery on a placemat I found at a local thrift store.  I hope to add some paper inside and make a journal out of it. 


I will show the finished product later.  Well, I better finish winding my embroidery floss.  Look at all the pretty colors.  Can you imagine a world without color?   I can't!




Hope you have a great day!  Remember take the time to do something creative EVERYDAY!



1 comment:

  1. I love both your journals! I love that flower you are making on the placemat. I told Bryce that I wanted to check out the "junk" stores here and see what I can come up with. Lovely post! Glad you're snowed in where you can be safe, warm, and crafty!! :)

    ReplyDelete