Saturday, July 5, 2014

LEARNING and PLAYING

Using a Strathmore Watercolor 400 Series Cold Press 140 lb 9 x 12 spiral bound paper pad.


Having a ball.  Decided all the work around the house isn't going anywhere.  Instead, I'm learning and playing along with SKETCHBOOKERY.


Sat on the Old Capital Square yesterday and sketched the Lincoln- Herndon Law Office.  My husband happens to be the Asst. Site Manager of the Springfield State Historic Sites.  

Enjoyed the 4th of July festivities on the Illinois State Capital lawn yesterday.  Did a quick sketch while hanging out waiting for the fireworks to play.  Enjoyed the Springfield Municipal Band performance, excitement and joy of the children having fun on the bounce houses, and the fountains.  Beautiful weather.  Only 77, it was near chilly and I had to actually bundle up in a blanket.


Colored in with Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils.


Modified Contour Drawing Practice


More Practice


Koi Watercolor Pan Set of 24  Color Wheel.  They turned out great until the paint on the right side page wasn't dry and bled onto the other page.  Oh well, WHO Cares?  It's all for fun.  I can make another one!  Right?


My Studio Buddy, Becky.


Play on!  Michelle

1 comment:

  1. Your sketches drawn outside are really wonderful. I've never tried doing that but I am keen to, especially when I see examples of it by others - it looks like such an interesting process.
    I also like your colour wheels, regardless of the bleed... the curved lines you drew within the wedges add such interest!

    ReplyDelete