Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Garage Sale Finds Father's Day weekend

It wasn't the greatest weekend for garage sales (weather wise), but we ventured out anyway.  The junior high youth group at church was have their huge garage sale to raise money for Just Add Hope Africa.  We hit that one first and found a few things.  Beverly from our old Sunday School class had placed this on the sale, and I was happy to find it for $.50.  I will use it with my spray inks for backgrounds.



It folds in half so I can take it when I travel too.  It's really heavy duty plastic.  I actually tried it out last night and it's awesome! Love it! 



I also found a bundle of lace to use for various projects.  Great find!


Maisie and Troy found a couple things as well.  Then we headed out to some of the neighborhood garage sales.  Our first stop was a young couple who had a typewriter.  I said out loud, "Ohhhh!  It's a typewriter!"   (It had $5 on it) The seller said, "Yeah, not too much use for them anymore."  I said I would use it in my art.  He said, "It's yours!  Take it home!"  I said, "Are you serious?"  He said, "Yes, it was my mom's.  If you will use it, it's yours."  "For free!" I said, "Thank you so much.  I will use it to make my mixed media art.  Thank you!"   Blessing!   I found a vintage typewriter not to long ago at a local antique store.  The guy offered me $50 for it.  It was in prestine condition.  I didn't have my money on me at the time.  (Seems like that always happens to me).  I went back the next weekend to see if he would trade some vintage records for it, and he had sold it.  Man!  My luck.  It wasn't meant to be.  He sold it to the other guy for $98.  He said he would have traded it for the records too.  Bummer!  Oh well..... 


So we moved on to the next house and the lady there was a big seamstress.  She had this box of misc.  laces and trims.  $4.  Yippee!  Snagged those up.




And this box of colorful bias tapes and trims!  Got those too $5.  Yeah Boy!  Made out this haul!

Another view...


We also found a brand new umbrella with comic strips on it, which was handy since it was pouring.  Maisie needed an umbrella for camp.  Worked out great.  We had a lot of fun, but didn't stay out long.  It was too stormy.

1 comment:

  1. Fun, fun, fun!!! And what a haul. We must plan our trip back over the summer. :) Love your finds!

    ReplyDelete