Saturday, January 21, 2012

Doodle Watercolor Journal and Embellished Planner

I am in the process of a couple projects right now.  First, I thought my planner for the year was just a little too plain for me.


 I am working on jazzing it up. 

I have this crazy obsession with different Type fonts.  I used the DCWV "The Timeless Type Stack".  I sewed around the edge.  My husband bought a pair of jeans the other day.  It had this cool Roebuck & Co. tag.  Of course, I had to keep them to use!  I sewed it on the front. 



I also cut out squares of random papers to glue on the inside of each month.  I will be adding tabs on the outside to indicate each month as well.  I still have lots to do, but it's coming along.

I'm also in the process of making a journal out of my watercolor doodle I created in Traci Bautista's class last week.  See previous post.  Here is what I have done so far.  I love the vibrant green, blue, purple and pink combination.  I just need to do the pages and sew them in.  In this new year my word focus is "Faith" and "Grow".   It's time to get rid of the old yucky baggage that is holding me back and trust the Lord...try something new and grow!  That is the theme for this journal.



Front Cover says "What you sow does not come to life unless it dies." 1 Cor. 15:36


Flower close up-  I used my free motion sewing foot. I also have had sewn french knots in the center.

Back Cover says "Faith of a mustard seed"


Close up of free motion doodle flowers on back.
I hope this inspires you to try something new.  Do something creative today!

3 comments:

  1. Michelle... I LOVELOVELOVE your cover! It's beautiful! How many layers are on it and is it just paper or paper and fabric? I'm so inspired by this... thanks for sharing this post!
    Renee
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Renee. It's actually this page http://www.daisymaisiejournalingmomma.blogspot.com/2012/01/doodle-unleased-session-2-with-traci.html . I just cut it down to size. It's Canson 140lb watercolor paper. I chose a lighter part of the painting to freehand a flower. I sewed it on with my free motion sewing foot. I did use one small scrap of fabric in pink behind the flower. The bind is white chenille fabric, and I used randomly sewn purple thread to add texture on the bind. I also sewed around the outside edges of the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful as always Michelle. I love your work. You make me want to do something messy and fun. :)

    ReplyDelete