Sunday, March 6, 2011

Embellished Planner....


Several months ago I came across Lisa Super's blog, www.anartsygirl.blogspot.com.  She also had an article in one of the Stampington and Company magazines.  I can't remember which one right now.  The title of the article was "Prettyfied Planner".  I am forever trying to find the perfect planner each year, and never find it.  I tought this was perfect for me.  The only thing I wish I had was a pocket to store papers.  I have an idea to add a postal envelope to the back cover, or to use a manilla folder to create a pocket for storage on the back flap.  I just haven't taken the time to do it yet. 




 I purchased a monthly calendar at my local office store. 








 I cut scraps of paper the size of the squares and randomly placed them on the calendar.  This is a great way to use up your scraps.  I embellished the front cover with some found objects, photos, and misc. emphemera


I used 3M Sticky note labels as index tabs to label the months.





I know this may seem old fashioned to a generation that is so intuned to there electronic devices to inform them of their schedules.  I never use my calendar on my phone.  It takes me longer to save the date in my phone than it does to write a little note on my calendar.  I am a visual person, and I have to see it and "feel it".  I know it's weird too many, but that's me. :) 

I love it!


No comments:

Post a Comment